Wednesday, October 22, 2008

steam roll

So tomorrow, Thursday October 23, 2008, my teammates and I face our first competition of the long upcoming season. Even though it's just a scrimmage, it's the very first competition most of us have had since last season, and for the freshman, it is the first college competition we will have. The unfortunate victims of this scrimmage are the runners of American University. I say it like that because they don't really have many sprinters that can compete with us. They do, however, have a few decent distance runners, but from what I see from out distance runners the American runners are going to have to be on a much higher level to beat them. I am excited to finally just sprint and cut loose against other runners besides my teammates. It will do us all some good to get a taste of what it feels like to "beat up on other teams" as my coach put it in the schedule for the week. I can not say I'm not nervous at all, it is my first college competition, but my coach made it a point to let us know that it was not a real meet. That's the way I feel, it is not official and it is only against one team, but at the same time I am excited to just get out there on our track with my Maryland singlet for the VERY first time and rip apart a 300 or a 400. Now I prefer a 300 but, now that I am in better shape than I was in high school I don't mind a 400 on a relay. If nobody is doing anything, everyone should come out to the track and watch the track team put down this American team tomorrow at 2:00pm, it won't take more than an hour because we are only running about four events and like I said before it is just between American University and us.

No comments: