Sunday, November 16, 2008

Lupe fiasco

I love music. Most people do, at least those who I've met in my life do. It may come as a surprise to many, and even to myself, that I have never had the opportunity to go to a concert. It is surprising to me because there are so many places in New York where concerts are held, I can not count how many Kanye West and Lil' Wayne concerts have been held at Nassau Coliseum or Madison Square Garden. I can not explain it I just never got the chance. However, that is all about to change now, of course it would now that I am in college and it is the perfect time to go see my first concert. To add to the excitement, I am going to see one of my favorite artist. . .Lupe Fiasco! Many of you know that on December 5Th he is coming to College Park, Maryland to perform at Richie Coliseum. I was so hyped to get a ticket to see him that me and a few of my teammates actually left one of our lifting sessions at the Varsity Team House in order to rush up the two hills to get to the booth in Stamp in order to get the tickets before the line started to form. It was a funny sight to see because some of my teammates have scooters (many of the athletes get them, I do not of course). Those of us who did not have scooters, such as myself hoped on the back of on of our teammates and about six scooters sped away from the Team House towards Stamp. Most of us were screaming because we were excited to get our tickets before the crowd. I know I was excited, as soon as we arrived at Stamp I hopped off of my teammates scooter and raced my other teammates to the entrance. Naturally I got there first, my desire was just too strong and I would not be the one who did not get a ticket. Fortunately that was not even an issue and all of my teammate got their tickets after they recited the password "richie rich" (do not ask me who came up with that password or why it was required, I just said it so I could get my ticket.) I got my ticket and I have locked it away in a safe until December 5Th arrives. It is that important to me.

No comments: