Wednesday, December 3, 2008

thanksgiving

So last Wednesday I went back home to New York for my favorite holiday of the year, Thanksgiving. I left the school at around twelve with my teammate who took me into D.C where my bus stop was at G and 11th street. From my bus top you can see the capitol, it was kind of cool and unfortunately I did not have enough time to see it up close. I grabbed something to eat real quick and then I was on the bus and on my way home. I was unaware that it would take over eight hours to get home, almost double the amount of time that it took to get home the last time it took for me to get home. The trip started out well as we left the nations capitol, but after only an hour we hit a wall of traffic that held all way until I got into New York entering the Holland Tunnel. Finally, I got into the city and caught my train, I was home in 20 minutes. When I got home to my family I got some hugs and kisses from my two main ladies, my mother and my sister and we talked for a little before I decided to see some of my friends from high school. After almost four months I finally got to see my best friend, Eric. When he found out that I had finally gotten home he scooped me up within a hour of me being home and drove me to meet up with some of my other friends. In the car with him when I got in was my other good friend Steve, he now goes to Maritime and I could tell how much his demeanor changed. He used to be a constant joker, always playing around being sarcastic, now he was exuding a more reserved manner and a seriousness that caught me off guard and surprised me. Thankfully, by being back home with his boys, he lightened up and fell back into his old clowning self. However, being back home did not necessarily mean that there was going to be that many things for us to do- at least not for us. We just ended up chilling and riding around and then going to get some Checkers. Throughout the rest of the break I saw most of my other friends at some point, and over Christmas break I expect to see a lot more of them.

No comments: