Thursday, September 18, 2008

my aching in class

This is a request by one of my classmates who frequently witnesses me agonizing in pain early in the morning during English 101.  It goes like this, I run track and to be good at anything you have to go above and beyond whatever you've done in the past.  I'm trying to be real real good, so the rest of my teammates and I all train hard, extremely hard.  In fact, my frequent moaning that many of you have probably witnessed during class can be attributed to early morning workouts that began normally around 5:30 in the morning and last until about 6:30.  The workouts usually consist of running numerous hills, no less than eight of the double hill that can be found on the side of the Comcast Center, or awaking for a nice jog over to the Varsity Team House for early morning weight training (just because I'm a freshman[crap].)  But these workouts are different from anything I have ever done or even thought about doing in high school, I mean once we begin we don't stop for ANYTHING, it truly is continuous motion over the course of a 45 to 60 minute period.  Back in high school it took my teammates and I almost triple the about of time that it takes to complete something half as complex, we were clowns.  Here they don't mess around, if my coach says practice starts promptly at 5:31 am then we WILL be running at 5:31 am.  But I'm not complaining, in the past two weeks I've really come to admire and even enjoy the practices, because what starts on time usually ends on time!  And of course I've been putting my all and everything into running, that's what I do best, but it has been taking its toll on me and I thought it would only be fair to give everyone a fair heads up for what to expect the rest of the year because my moaning will be consistent with ridiculously early and rough morning workouts.  The Moaning is for the best.   

No comments: