Sunday, September 7, 2008

maryland life

I miss New York. How come it seems like everything down here moves slower, just at like a leisurely pace; the way people drive, walk to class, and even talk. I'm not hating on Maryland people at all because I have a few people from here on my track team and i love them all but it just seems like compared to every where else New York life seems kind of rushed. I mean i thought i had patience until i met some of these people but they put me to shame. Being from such a fast-paced New York lifestyle I guess I don't take advantage of taking in what surrounds me, instead i just settle for being aware of it. i must say i admire the lax life people enjoy down here and i'm trying to adapt to it the best that i can. On a real note though if anybody drives i'm sorry this may not be you but please step on the gas when your driving, really route 1 is not so breathe taking that someone would have to drive 16 mph to take in the view. Speaking of route 1 though, I think that chipotle (especially Chipotle), Noodles and company, potbelly's, domino's and all the other restaurants around there should all start accepting terp bucks. I feel like the terp bucks don't cover anything accept hidden places in the University such as the common shop and the union shop. If anybody knows another place that accepts terp bucks let me know.

No comments: